Sunday 1 July 2012

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review

The release of this foundation has been the talk of the beauty world since its announcement. A foundation based on the best selling Touche Eclat miracle pen would it live up to expectations?

I happened to be in a Boots store a week ago where they were offering a 7 day sample prior to the release of the foundation on 9th July. I got matched with shade BD40. I loved it.

The colour was a perfect match. It stayed true to colour throughout the day, no oxidisation which I seem to be suffering with most of my foundations right now. I'm quite pale at the moment and even the lightest Chanel foundations are too dark on me, so to have this be such a good match made me happy.
I used the tester up within the week because I couldn't bear the thought of wearing anything else.

It feels lightweight but provides medium coverage whilst naturally illuminating the skin. I have dry skin and this didn't cling onto the dry patches as some others do. The only problem I did experience was it becoming oily towards the end of the day when it was humid outside so it may need to be powder part way through the day.

I was excited to hear that it had already been released exclusively in Selfridges ahead of its general release on the 9th. So I had to have it. And to my pleasant suprise it was cheaper than my usual Chanel foundation, coming in at £28.
The bottle is sleek, solid glass with the signature golden lid embossed with YSL.




I'd definately recomend trying this foundation out if you get the chance, available in 22 shades there's bound to be the perfect one to match you.

Bare Skin
Wearing YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in BD40

No comments:

Post a Comment